- Package of Odense Marzipan (comes in a plastic "sausage" in a cardboard box). 14 oz for double batch makes 48 mice.
- Whole raw almonds for the ears. Need 96 almonds for double batch.
- 8 oz semisweet chocolate morsels (Nestles)
- 4 tablespoons solid vegetable shortening (Crisco)
- 1 egg white (1 teaspoon lightly beaten - that's less than one egg white)
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar (use enough to so mixture is stiff)
- 4 toothpicks
rack to set mice on over a plate so chocolate can drip thru around them - like a cookie rack (so can scrape up and reheat excess chocolate)
double-boiler to melt the chocolate and shortening
form the marzipan into rounded cones, arrange on rack, drench in melted chocolate, put in almond "ears" and dot eyes and nose from egg-white & powdered sugar mixture
make them look like this: