Many of the restaurants in the BVi feature this mild curry-flavored chicken stew presented in a wrap or pastry. This is my take on the dish.
Ingredients (serves 4-5)
- 2 lbs. skinless chicken breast cut into bit-sized pieces
- 4 medium white or gold potatoes, peeled and cut to 1" cubes
- 1 large onion cut into 1/2" to 3/4" dice
- 2-4 Tbsp Goya-brand Jamaican-style curry powder
- 1 clove garlic, chopped finely
- 1 tsp dried cilantro or parsley
- (optional) 1 cup frozen peas
- cooking oil
- 4 pieces Josephs whole wheat lavash bread squares ("low carb")
Brown the chicken pieces in a large saucepan
Add the onion, potatoes, curry powder, garlic, herbs and peas
Simmer on low heat for an hour or more.
On a large baking sheet, spoon about a quarter of the chicken onto a piece of bread, fold over and wrap the edges under to make a "packet" of stew. Repeat with the other three pieces of bread.
Put rotis in the oven at 350 for about 10 minutes to crisp up the tops a bit, then serve hot.